About The Facility
The Croatian Sports and Community Centre of Hamilton, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization run by an executive committee of volunteers selected by members annually.
The project to reconstruct the grounds at 166 Green Mountain Road began with the 2008 merger of two long-standing not-for-profits - the Croatian National Sports Club of Hamilton and the Hamilton Croatian Centre. The mandate in the first couple of years following the merger included the expansion of existing athletic fields and courts, and interior and exterior upgrades to the cookhouse. During this first phase of enhancements a children's playground was also installed, as well as two new storage areas.
Phase two of the overall rebuild was the largest undertaking, the construction of a brand new community centre. This portion began in the fall of 2012 and culminated with the first rental of our main banquet hall on Friday, April 25, 2014. The Croatia Club restaurant held it's grand opening a few months later on August 1.
Our building consists of and may be used for:
- 200 person banquet hall suitable for weddings, stags, showers, baptisms, wakes, seminars, and other large gatherings with large windows overlooking the natural landscape and a commercial industrial kitchen
- Covered pavilion overlooking picnic grounds, two soccer fields and the bocce area, which includes five courts and outdoor bar
- Croatia Club restaurant with seating for 70, six large screen TVs, surround sound, and outdoor patio
- Multi-use conference rooms, offices, and meeting facilities
- Rural location with plenty of free parking, yet only minutes from the city
Check out our rental spaces!
Dates that have been officially booked (meaning we have received a deposit and a signed contract) are listed on our calendar as either Hall Rental - for our main banquet hall - or Upstairs Rental - for our Members' Lounge. Other rentals include Park and Canopy Rentals .
Blue Coloured items on the calendar are events being hosted by our organization (soccer games, fundraisers, etc.).
Please use the calendar as a guide while inquiring regarding any particular date. It is updated as often as possible, however, it may not be 100% accurate at the time of your inquiry,
The banquet room, party room, conference room, and picnic grounds are available for rent year-round. If you need more information regarding availability, prices, or other details, please contact Director of Facilities Operations Frank to book an appointment for a tour!